|Chinese Government Scholarship Program 2012/2013|
The Government of the People’s Republic of China is offering scholarships to those who are interested to study in China for the academic year 2012/2013 (beginning September 2011).
The Scholarship Details
1. Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, fee for basic learning materials and accommodation in campus.
2. Living allowance.
3. One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student.
4. Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance
and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
5. One-off international air-tickets to China and return to Malawi after
1. Applicant must be Malawian citizens in good health.
2. Applicant for undergraduate programs must have high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
3. Applicant for master degree programs must have bachelor degree and be under the age of 35.
4. Applicant for PhD programs must have master degree and be under the age of 40.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following materials truly and correctly (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship
Applicants shall fill in and print out the Application Form after applying online.
The Chinese Government Scholarship (CSC) Application System is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn.
Instructions for online application is available on http://mw.china-embassy.org/eng.
2. Highest diploma and transcript (notarized photocopy)
3. A personal statement (no less than 200 words for undergraduates, no less than 800 words for postgraduates) indicating the applicant’s educational background, reasons to study in China, and interested institutions, specialties, etc.
4. Applicants for post graduate programs should submit two letters of recommendation by professors or associate professors.
5. Applicants for music programs are requested to submit one CD recording of the applicants’ own work. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit one CD recording of the applicants’ own work(including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works)
6. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardian in China.
7. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (It can be downloaded on http://en.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/Default.aspx?cid=277).The medical examinations shall be done in Kamuzu Central Hospital, Elizabeth Central Hospital or Mzuzu Central Hospital, and cover all the items listed in the form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital and a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.) The medical examination results are valid for 6 months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining the time to take medical examination.
The above materials should arrive at the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in Malawi ( Area 43/342, Lilongwe or P.O.Box 717, Lilongwe, ) before March 9, 2012. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
Selection of Institutions and Speciality:
Applicants are kindly requested to choose one academic program and three institutions as personal preferences from the list of Chinese higher education institutions designated by the Ministry of Education of China (The programs and institutions are available on
Approval and Notification:
1. The Chinese Embassy will assess all the application documents and organize interviews for competent applicants. The application documents of eligible candidates will be sent to China Scholarship Council (CSC).
2. The CSC will assess the application documents and CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments on the proposed institution, specialties, etc.
3. CSC will send the Admission Notice and other relevant documents to candidates through the Chinese Embassy by July 31st, 2012.
For more information about the scholarship, please contact:
Mr. LI Yangzhi
The Education Officer, Embassy of the People’s Republic of China
Phone number: 0991449781