|Chinese Government Scholarship Program 2017/2018|
2017/2018 Chinese Government Scholarship Application
The Government of the People's Republic of China is offering scholarships to those who are interested in pursuing further studies in China for the academic year 2017/2018 (beginning September 2017). This year, Both online application and hard copies of application documents should be submitted to ensure the effectiveness of application.
The Scholarship Details
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must:
Application Documents (in duplicate)
NOTE: The above documents should be bound on top left corner (in duplicate), and arrive at the Embassy of the People's Republic of China in Malawi ( Area 13/188, Lilongwe) before 15 March 2017. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Application materials will not be returned regardless of the result of application.
Before applying online, please read the instruction carefully as follows:
Instruction of the Chinese Government Scholarship Information System
Step 2: Read "Tips for online application" carefully before clicking "NEXT" to the registration page.
Step 3: Log in with your user name and password. For new user, please click "Create an account" for registration.
Step 4: Fill in the correct Program Category and Agency Number. An Agency Number represents a specific application receiving agency and a correct choose of Program Category is necessary before filling in the Agency Number. Please make sure you fill it in correctly, otherwise you will not be able to continue your online application or your application will not be accepted.
Your 'Program Category' is: Type A and 'Agency Number' is: 4541. Once the correct 'Agency Number' is entered, the name of the agency will automatically emerge.
Step 5: Fill in the Online Application Form and Upload Supporting Documents truly, correctly and completely following the steps listed on the left of the page.
Applicants are required to select discipline before choosing their majors. Please refer to the Disciplines Index, which could be downloaded from Help, if you have any doubt about the disciplines and majors.
Step 6: Check each part of your Application carefully before submitting it. Click Submit to submit your Application.
Step 7: You can make changes to your application by clicking Withdraw and Edit the Application on the top of the page. But make sure to submit it again by clicking Submit after finishing all the changes. Otherwise, the retrieved application will become invalid and your new application will not be received either.
Step 8: Download the completed Application Form by clicking Print the Application Form and print two hard copies.
Step 9: Prepare other supporting documents as required and send the full package of application documents (in duplicate) to the Chinese Embassy in Malawi.
Institutions and Major:
1. Applicants are kindly requested to choose one major and three institutions as personal preferences from the list of Chinese higher education institutions designated by the Ministry of Education of China. Please visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or www.campuschina.org for further information on majors and institutions.
2. Chinese is the only instruction language for undergraduate programs. Applicants with no command of Chinese language are generally required to take Chinese language course for 1-2 years before their major studies. Some of the Chinese higher education institutions could conduct postgraduate programs in English. Candidates who choose English taught programs can be exempted from preparatory courses.
3. Once the candidate's application is approved, the academic programs or institutions will not be amendable.
Approval and Notification:
1. The Chinese Embassy will assess all the application documents and organize shortlisted interviews for competent applicants. The application documents of eligible candidates will be sent to China Scholarship Council (CSC).
2. The CSC will assess the application documents and CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments on the proposed institution, majors, etc.
3. CSC will send the Admission Notice and other relevant documents to candidates through the Chinese Embassy by 30 July 2017.
For more information, please refer to http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or contact:
Mr. Lu Chang
The Education Officer, Embassy of the People's Republic of China